Re: VC state

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: VC state
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 13:45:15 -0700

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

  > >> - there should be a way to operate on (sub)directories.
  >
  > > You mean something more than M-x vc-status DIR/SUBDIR RET ?
  >
  > Yes.  There's sometimes an important difference between passing "src/"
  > as the argument vs passing all the files in "src/" that appear in the
  > vc-status (beside the fact that the former does not require you to
  > first mark each one of those files).

Many VC commands choke when given a directory parameter, so this does
not seem particularly useful at this time.

More, given that vc-status is still "experimental code", and there is no
clear path/criteria on getting it out of that state, I am not inclined
to put more effort in adding more features to it.