Re: mode-line tooltips for "[" and "]" in recursive-edit

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: mode-line tooltips for "[" and "]" in recursive-edit
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:38:23 +0200

Juri Linkov skrev:
 > Convert them to single line tips always when tooltip-use-echo-area is t
 > perhaps?

Please do that then.

And please do the same when tooltip-use-echo-area is nil and
tooltip-mode is nil (currently only the first line of the tooltip
is displayed in the echo-area in this case).

I've added a general mechanism that converts multiline tooltips to single line in this case. Maybe it should be customizable, but if you want multiline tooltips, you can always use the normal tooltip mode (i.e. not the echo area).

BTW, When I display a normal tooltip for the first time after Emacs has been started, it is always only the first line. After that, all lines are displayed correctly. Does anybody else see this?

        Jan D.