Re: 23.0.60; M-( and M-) should not be bound in ESC map

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; M-( and M-) should not be bound in ESC map
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 22:23:23 -0400

"Juanma Barranquero" wrote:

> I was not talking specifically about recent discussions. It was the
> feeling gathered after five years of emacs-devel. All user-visible
> changes cause long threads, heated comments and few decisions.

(I find a killfile improves the signal-to-noise ratio.)

I don't like the "poisonous people" tag, but the following has some
valid points:

http://www.oreillynet.com/conferences/blog/2006/07/oscon_how_open_source_projects.html

    The premise for their talk was: Attention and focus are your
    scarce resources and you need to protect them. Poisonous people
    tend to distract communities and scatter the attention and focus
    of the people who should continue developing new features or
    fixing bugs. Communities must avoid deadlock by not letting people
    derail forward progress. For instance, people in the community can
    ask endless questions or focus on perfection (in a design or
    feature set) and bogart the attention of developers.