Re: another javascript mode

From: Steve Yegge
Subject: Re: another javascript mode
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 04:14:08 +0000 (UTC)

Dan Nicolaescu <dann <at> ics.uci.edu> writes:

> A new javascript mode was posted here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/js2-mode/
>
> We were looking to include a mode for javascript, from the description
> this mode seems to be a better candidate for inclusion.
> Can someone that uses javascript check it out please?

I'm not sure about your timeframe, but I would expect that my js2-mode
needs at least another 3 to 4 months before it could be considered for
inclusion.  I only released it a few weeks ago, and people have reported
a wide range of annoyances, incompatibilities, style violations and bugs
that I need to fix.

I'm still actively working on it, so it just needs some time to bake.

If it's something that would need to happen sooner or risk being delayed
a very long time, please let me know and I can bump up the priority of
the work.

Thanks,

-steve