Problem building from CVS

From: Marc Schwartz
Subject: Problem building from CVS
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:38:34 -0500

Hi all,

I am building from a clean cvs checkout tonight and am getting the
following error on Fedora 8 when running 'make bootstrap':

Symbol's function definition is void: custom-declare-face
make[2]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Error 255
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/marcs/Downloads/Linux/emacs/emacs-23/emacs/src'
make[1]: *** [bootstrap-build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/marcs/Downloads/Linux/emacs/emacs-23/emacs'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

This is new since my last successful cvs build a couple of weeks ago.

configure output is as follows:

Configured for `i686-pc-linux-gnu'.

  Where should the build process find the source code?
/home/marcs/Downloads/Linux/emacs/emacs-23/emacs
  What operating system and machine description files should Emacs use?
        `s/gnu-linux.h' and `m/intel386.h'
  What compiler should emacs be built with?               gcc -g -O2
-Wno-pointer-sign
  Should Emacs use the GNU version of malloc?             yes
      (Using Doug Lea's new malloc from the GNU C Library.)
  Should Emacs use a relocating allocator for buffers?    yes
  Should Emacs use mmap(2) for buffer allocation?         no
  What window system should Emacs use?                    x11
  What toolkit should Emacs use?                          GTK
  Where do we find X Windows header files?                Standard dirs
  Where do we find X Windows libraries?                   Standard dirs
  Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?                                 no
  Does Emacs use -lXpm?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use -ljpeg?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use -ltiff?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use a gif library?                           yes -lgif
  Does Emacs use -lpng?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use -lrsvg-2?                                yes
  Does Emacs use -lgpm?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use -ldbus?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use a font backend?                          yes
  Does Emacs use -lfreetype?                              yes
  Does Emacs use -lm17n-flt?                              no
  Does Emacs use -lotf?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -lxft?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use X toolkit scroll bars?                   yes

  Compiling with sync input.

Any hints? More info needed?

Thanks,

Marc Schwartz