23.0.60; doc string of minibuffer-completing-file-name

From: Drew Adams
Subject: 23.0.60; doc string of minibuffer-completing-file-name
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 07:40:47 -0700

Doc string:
"Non-nil and non-`lambda' means completing file names."
Is that correct? It doesn't seem so, by looking at the C code (but I'm
no expert on that).
In Emacs 20 and 21, the "and non-`lambda'" part was not there, and
that still seems correct. When would a user or Lisp access show the
value as `lambda'? I get the impression that a value of `lambda' is
only temporary, within the C code. Shouldn't Lisp code be able to test
this simply for nil/non-nil, to see if file-name completion is

Also, should this variable be documented in the Elisp manual, along with

In GNU Emacs (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-04-04 on LENNART-69DE564
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/g/include