Re: What IDE features do we need? [Was: Please stop proposing changes in

From: Paul R
Subject: Re: What IDE features do we need? [Was: Please stop proposing changes in defaults!]
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 23:13:00 +0200

>     There are many good emacs modules that work well, but all these modules
>     have one common problem: emacs doesn't provides them any basic atoms
>     from which module's
>     developers may build friendly and convenient user interface or just make
>     good data representation. Emacs doesn't have any structured graphical
>     primitives
>     which it would may provide.
>
> It could be a good thing to do.  Can someone design what it would look
> like?

I am not sure what Dan is refering to, to this might be OT. FWIW,
Vim 7 introduced a "smart completion" system called omni-completion. I
have never tried it, but I read on it and I just looked some
screenshot on the web (search for "vim omnicompletion" in the image
section of your search engine).
It seems to work both in text-based and graphic modes, by using text
overlay to prompt user with a list.

--
      Paul