RE: Improving Emacs for writing code

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: RE: Improving Emacs for writing code
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 01:00:41 +1200

 > no, it has it's own tree-library tree-buffer.el which offers as well
 > as tree-widget.el powerful ascii- and graphical tree-displays...

If ECB gets imported into Emacs, then I'll use tree-buffer.el.

 > > I'm not very familiar with ECB but perhaps it could work with
 > > gdb-ui.el in a manner similar to Eclipse: ECB being one
 > > 'perspective', gdb-ui another,
 >
 > Yes, this would be possible - ECB more or less is just a 'displayor' or
 > layout-engine which can display any stuff like parsing-informations from
 > CEDET or also debugging stuff from gdb... but i do not know gdb-ui.el to
 > give an exact answer... but to give another example: ECB works very well with
 > screen/window-managers like escreen.el or winring.el... maybe this helps
 > you a little bit to better judge the interaction between ECB and gdb-ui.el...

gdb-ui.el uses dedicated windows and I have heard that ECB does too, which
I think is why there have been reports of conflicts, e.g,

http://groups.google.co.nz/group/comp.emacs/browse_thread/thread/b824e4052d7df237/add8b897ae4b7ab3?hl=en&lnk=st&q=gdb+ecb#add8b897ae4b7ab3

One way to avoid conflicts presumably would be stop them sharing the same
frame, as with perspectives.