a bug rendering ido unusable

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: a bug rendering ido unusable
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:05:08 +0300

Hi,

I have recompiled Emacs from CVS today and found that ido no longer
differentiates between files and directories.  E.g. when I type
'~/ema RET' it opens directory '~/emacs' in dired mode, instead of
navigating into it inside the minibuffer.  It must be a bug since
I don't see how that is anywhere near useful.

OTOH, there doesn't seem to be any recent modifications of ido, so
this might be a problem in some other place, e.g. in a function
that does is-this-a-directory check.

This is on GNU/Linux, could matter.  'emacs -q' shows the same
behavior after 'M-x ido-mode'.

Paul