Re: patch for optional inhibit of delete-other-windows(IDE feature)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: patch for optional inhibit of delete-other-windows(IDE feature)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:31:57 -0400

> I rewrote `display-buffer' in Elisp and - provided Stefan agrees - plan
> to commit this soon.

Yes, that would be good, except I haven't had time to test it.

> In this case you wouldn't have to "rewrite" any of
> its code but simply copy it and patch the necessary parts.

Well the "simply" part is misleading: it's a big piece of code and
copy&modify suffers from the usual problem of keeping the
code uptodate.  But in any case you shouldn't need `advice' on
display-buffer, you should be able to use
display-buffer-function instead.

        Stefan