Re: patch for optional inhibit of delete-other-windows(IDE feature)

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: patch for optional inhibit of delete-other-windows(IDE feature)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:16:43 -0400

    I rewrote `display-buffer' in Elisp and - provided Stefan agrees - plan
    to commit this soon.  In this case you wouldn't have to "rewrite" any of
    its code but simply copy it and patch the necessary parts.

That is true, but I suspect that any features that ECB needs
are important enough to be worth adding to the standard definition
of `display-buffer'.  That should become easier once it is in Lisp.