Re[2]: patch for optional inhibit of delete-other-windows(IDE feature)

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re[2]: patch for optional inhibit of delete-other-windows(IDE feature)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:29:06 -0400

>>> martin rudalics <address@hidden> seems to think that:
>[....]
> > Sorry, if you right click, you get a context menu.  That's the
> > speedbar menu, with many and various options.
> >
> > Clicking in the mode-line will also do it.
>
>There's no "detach" in that menu with speedbar version 1.0 and the
>doc-string of `speedbar-frame-mode' says
>
>"Currently, only one speedbar is supported at a time."
>
>Are we missing some interesting developments here?

Huh, you are right.  That's been in my version since 2000:

|---
| revision 1.170
| date: 2000/06/11 18:44:00;  author: zappo;  state: Exp;  lines: +26 -2
| Added `speedbar-detatch' so we can have multiple speedbars.
| Fixed `speedbar-trim-words-tag-hierarchy' to work w/ semantic.
|---

and when I look in the Emacs/CVS version, it is not there, but
comments about it are.

In ChangeLog.12 I found this:

|---
|2006-05-30  Nick Roberts  <address@hidden>
|           * speedbar.el (speedbar-detach): Delete.
|           (speedbar-easymenu-definition-trailer): Remove speedbar-detach as
|           it breaks things.
|           (speedbar-reconfigure-keymaps): Always add extra items to
|           pop up menu.
|---

I do know that merging between my version and the Emacs version of
Speedbar is difficult since I can't adopt some of the Emacs.<latest version>
specific changes into my repository.  Perhaps it is time I stopped
supporting Emacs 19, eh?

Anyway, it looks like some merging and bug fixing is required as the
last time I merged from Emacs into my repository, I apparently broke
the detach feature.

Eric

--
          Eric Ludlam:                       address@hidden