Re: your vc-dir-mode-map change

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: your vc-dir-mode-map change
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:43:37 -0700

Alexandre Julliard <address@hidden> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
  >
  > >   > I find file deletion to be a fairly common operation.
  > >
  > > That is not the same thing as deleting files from the VC system, which
  > > is not that common.
  >
  > Deleting unregistered files from the vc-dir buffer is a very convenient

That is not what the key binding under discussion does, it only deletes
registered files.  It barks at unregistered files.  And it also asks too
many questions when deleting multiple files...

  > way to clean things up in a project tree. It would be a shame not to
  > have a simple key binding for this.

Sure, but such a "simple key binding" should not be a lower case letter
that is too easy to type by mistake.

BTW vc-delete-files needs fixing, it is  unsafe, it can delete files that are
in the
'edited state, so it is possible to lose data...