Re: font-backend branch

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: font-backend branch
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 15:46:32 +0100

Kenichi Handa wrote:

Yes.  But, modifying all of "x-list-fonts and things like
that" can't be done quickly, and as it is not that urgent
task, we can leave it until later.  On the other hand,
setting FONT_NAME_INDEX of font-vector to a font name of
XLFD format can be done easily and quickly.

OK, I understand now, it is a temporary measure to avoid inconveniencing users while this work is ongoing. I'll change the w32 font code for now then.