Re: font-backend branch

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: font-backend branch
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 20:16:10 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> Kenichi Handa wrote:
> > Yes.  But, modifying all of "x-list-fonts and things like
> > that" can't be done quickly, and as it is not that urgent
> > task, we can leave it until later.  On the other hand,
> > setting FONT_NAME_INDEX of font-vector to a font name of
> > XLFD format can be done easily and quickly.
> >

> OK, I understand now, it is a temporary measure to avoid inconveniencing
> users while this work is ongoing. I'll change the w32 font code for now
> then.

Thank you.

> Kenichi Handa wrote:
> > Yes.  As soon as Windows port code gets stable, I'll merge
> > it to the trunk.
> >

> I think it is ready to merge now.

I have a trip from Tomorrow to join 2008 Text Layout Summit
held in conjunction with the Libre Graphics Meeting in
Wrocław, Poland (are there anyone else who join it?).  So, I
don't have a time to finish ChangeLogs now.  I'll work on
merging after I come back to Japan.  If you think the mering
should be done as soon as possible, please go ahead.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden