font-lock-match-c-style-declaration-item-and-skip-to-next

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: font-lock-match-c-style-declaration-item-and-skip-to-next
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 23:02:41 -0400

This change:

  2008-02-01  Kenichi Handa  <address@hidden>

    * font-lock.el (font-lock-match-c-style-declaration-item-and-skip-to-next):
    Check (match-end 2) before going there.

causes some font-locking in Fortran mode to stop working (for reasons
I haven't really looked into).

emacs -Q
M-x fortran-mode
TAB integer foo RET
TAB integer bar, foo RET

"foo" should be highlighted as a variable, but is not. "bar" is.

Your change makes font-lock-match-c-style-declaration-item-and-skip-to-next
return nil if (match-end 2) is nil. Previously, it returned t.

I don't know if I should change fortran.el, or if
very-long-and-literal-function-name should return t again.