Re: Heads up, VC front end about to undergo major surgery

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Heads up, VC front end about to undergo major surgery
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 22:14:35 -0700

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>:
  > > Can you please expand on what will change?  Directories are passed to VC
  > > operations right now (and you can mark/unmark them in the UI too)
  >
  > I'm going to get rid of as much as possible of the wacky
  > special-casing in vc-deduce-fileset (eliminating, if possible, the
  > present one required and three optional args).  As I previously noted,
  > it has 6 messy rules for how to compute a selection set.  I aim to
  > reduce that to 3.  It is not impossible that I might get it down to 2.

A suggestion: the code in vc-next-action before
;; Do the right thing
could be moved to vc-deduce-fileset
That will eliminate the need for the INCLUDE-FILES-NOT-DIRECTORIES param.

And vc-deduce-fileset could return not only the backend and file list
like now, it could also return the state and model.