Re: Carbon port and multi-tty

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Carbon port and multi-tty
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 12:53:36 +0300

> From: Richard M Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 04:44:06 -0400
>
>     Because you want to be better then they are?
>
> Spending time to support a non-free system is not, in general, a
> virtue, and is not a particularly effective way to become a better
> person.

Well, you and I both know for a long time that we disagree on that.  I
tend to think about people whom I'm helping, not the proprietors of
their platforms (which couldn't care less about the existence of
myself and the users I'm helping).

Btw, current GNU/Linux systems can hardly be called "free", either,
due to gobs of proprietary software they come with.  Which doesn't
surprise me: as soon as software gets out of hands of volunteers into
the hands of businessmen, this is IMO inevitable in the world in which
we live.