Re: Next release

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Next release
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 20:52:11 -0400

> So thanks for that data point.  It would appear the pseudo-splash screen
> with a single-line message area in a fixed small font would be the
> safest best till now.

Yes, and as mentioned, we already have 90% of that, except the
"single-line message area" happens to be a "normal sized and featured
frame".  Basically what we're discussing here is to replace the "small
readjustment that looks weird" by a "big readjustment which looks like
something people can relate to".

> And stderr for ttys, I guess.

Why?  Nobody's ever complained about the current behavior on ttys.

        Stefan