Re: proced.el -- operate on processes like dired

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: proced.el -- operate on processes like dired
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 04:48:12 +0200

On Sun May 11 2008 Óscar Fuentes wrote:
> > I do not know anything about this platform. Does it give you
> > something like ps(1) to list system processes?
>
> Yes, if you have Cygwin installed.

Could you please take a look at the variable proced-command-alist?
I'll be happy to add the appropriate settings for cygwin if you
could let me know what they should be. If cygwin's ps(1) is derived
from procps, it might be possible also to add settings for
proced-sorting-schemes-alist.

If you could test all this within proced, I would also be curious to
know whether you can then actually send a signal to a process from
within proced. Is the default setting of proced-signal-function
appropriate for you?

Thanks,

Roland

PS: If someone can give proced a try on any other platform not yet
explicitly considered for proced-command-alist I'll appreciate his
or her feedbacks, too!