Re: customizing key definitions with Customize

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: customizing key definitions with Customize
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 21:05:33 +0200

David Reitter <address@hidden> writes:

> On 13 May 2008, at 01:03, Juri Linkov wrote:
>>
>> '(emacs-lisp-mode-map (([tab] 'lisp-indent-or-complete) ...))
>> ...)
>>
>> that will override the default bindings in the corresponding keymaps.
>
> ... and one presumably wouldn't just copy the value into emacs-lisp-
> mode-map, but have every single binding override its corresponding
> default, while inheriting the remaining defaults.

Overriding is automatic by having the customized bindings appear at the
front.  The main question is where to store the customized value and how
to make it appear at the front of the mode map once it gets loaded.

I think we have a customization type "hook" which might provide
reasonable implementation ideas.