Re: 23 and multi-tty

From: reader
Subject: Re: 23 and multi-tty
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 21:44:23 -0500

Eric Hanchrow <address@hidden> writes:

>     reader> The reason I ask is I recently installed version 23 on a
>     reader> gentoo linux os but when I run it I cannot find anything
>     reader> about multi-tty
>
>     reader> Not even an apropos search with multi.*tty
>
>     reader> Is it called something else?
>
> Try starting Emacs in console mode, in a terminal emulator running under
> X, and then doing something like M-x make-frame-on-display RET :0 RET.
> If things are working, that will create a new X window with an Emacs
> frame in it; if not, not.

I'm not where I can do that right now but are there no commands
involving the multi-tty functionality or some variables that can be
turned up with C-h v? I mean ... I find nothing whatever in the
documentation

No M-x something.  Is there no information about it included in the
distribution of version 23?

Can you or someone answer my first questions... are there versions
that do not contain the multi-tty functionality?

Is called something else... how can I look up documentation about
using it?