Re: point-[left|entered] not called when supposed to

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: point-[left|entered] not called when supposed to
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 23:28:30 +0900

"Jonas Bernoulli" <address@hidden> writes:
> I very much hope you fix the code not the documentation because I the
> current behavior complicates things a lot for me.

It looks to me like it's a documentation bug (if that).

The intent of the properties seems reasonably clear -- to allow hooks to
be called when point moves across a _boundary_ in the text -- and the
interpretation you apparently want doesn't even make much sense.[*]

[*] The two properties will almost always be different from each other
(because it's presumably desirable for different actions to take place
upon entry and exit from a block of text), so your [apparent]
interpretation would result in them being called for all movement, even
within a region, and that contracts the names of the properties.

-Miles

--
(\(\
(^.^)