Re: face-remapping patch

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: face-remapping patch
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 15:25:11 -0400

> Miles, could you clarify why you are proposing a remapping list rather than
> "buffer-local faces"?

I think adding "buffer-local faces" directly is no better.  The good
thing about Miles's patch is that it leverages buffer-local variables to
modify faces buffer-locally.  As a result, his patch is pretty small.

To improve on this, I think we'd have to move to something more like
XEmacs's specifiers.  But I haven't even seen any proposal for such
a thing yet.

        Stefan