Re: Ogham input method

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: Ogham input method
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 10:52:43 +0100

David De La Harpe Golden wrote:
> Ogham is an old irish alphabet that is in unicode
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogham
> http://www.omniglot.com/writing/ogham.htm
>
> Not exactly a complicated input method or alphabet, nor particularly
> vital to support (modern irish is usually written in latin alphabet),
> but turned out to be easy to do.

Heh, my bad, there's a standard (I.S. 434:1999) keyboard layout for
ogham that is included with X, so that was easy... and relatively
pointless.  Version I sent doesn't 100% follow the standard (because
mine was a transliteration...).    Was a learning exercise anyway.

Probably could/should do a more nearly standard-conforming quail one
once I understand the quail keyboard layout stuff.