icomplete.el changes

From: Drew Adams
Subject: icomplete.el changes
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 13:06:05 -0700

I have a library (icomplete+.el) that extends icomplete.el. I just picked up a
Windows binary (thanks, Lennart) of Emacs 23 built on 2008-05-29, and I see that
icomplete.el has changed drastically. (None of my code works anymore with it.)

Besides doing a diff, I went to NEWS to find some description of the changes.
This is all I found by searching for "icomplete":

** Icomplete: `icomplete-prospects-height' supercedes
`icomplete-prospects-length'.

That doesn't really characterize the changes from either a Lisp or a user point
of view, AFAICT. The code now uses an overlay instead of inserting the icomplete
text, among other things. There seem to be quite a few changes.

How can I see the changelogs for this file? I use the Web page interface to CVS,
here: http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/emacs/emacs/lisp/icomplete.el?view=log.
Is this all there is as a record of the changes, or is there something else I
can consult?

The changes that break my code seem to have been made since 5/20, mostly by
Stefan. Without a good description, I'll just plow my way through the code and
diff, but I thought there might be a more substantial description of the changes
somewhere.