Re: Three strikes them out

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Three strikes them out
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 11:22:56 +0200

martin rudalics wrote:
 >> What makes you think the problem is in the timers?
 >> I can't remember encountering such a problem.
 >
 > I know that something is looping during fontification. (Sometimes it is
 > my bad, sometimes it is things I do not understand.)

What happens when you set `jit-lock-context-time' to a very large value?

I can dig up one of those cases that loops and try it, but why do you propose that? (It might of course help a bit to find out where the problem happens and I have one case where this could indeed be interesting, but I am not sure if that is what you mean.)

The general problem that looping in a timer may hang Emacs is what I really wanted to address here.