Re: newsticker-*.el files

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: newsticker-*.el files
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 05:43:12 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

  > > From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
  > > Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,  Ulf Jasper <address@hidden>,
address@hidden
  > > Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 21:49:38 -0400
  > >
  > > > Why not do the renaming work at the time when the DOS platform is
  > > > brought back to life?
  > >
  > > Sounds like a good plan,
  >
  > Plan for whom?  Guess who will carry out this plan when the time
  > comes?
  >
  > Please don't make any "good plans" for me.  I can do that myself,
  > thank you very much.

This would be valid IF there was a strong promise that the DOS port
would be made functional again.  But YOU never said that it surely will,
quite the contrary YOU stated in the past that the port might never be
revived.

As the time passes, the chances that this port would be made to work
again decrease, so it's natural that the restrictions for it are
unwanted.  So why suffer through them?