Re: newsticker-*.el files

From: Ulf Jasper
Subject: Re: newsticker-*.el files
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 21:38:03 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Ulf Jasper <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I am looking for a new name... The "canonical" replacement for the
>>> "newsticker" prefix would be "nt" which somehow sounds very
>>> 8+3-ish. "nwstckr" sounds even more so. And is incredibly ugly. One
>>> could rename the whole newsticker thing and call it err... Emacs RSS
>>> Reader.
>>>
>>> Probably it will be "nt".
>>
>> Unfortunately, that sounds like a certain operating system.  How about
>> "rss"?
>
> "ticker"?  But it seems like "rss" is not yet taken, though "nnrss" is.

"rss" seems too specific. It is just one of the supported feed formats
("atom" is the other one). "ticker" also seems too specific. The ticker
is just one way to present news.

According to wikipedia newsticker would be called a "feed reader" or
"feed aggregator" which for example could be abbreviated as
"fag"... Probably not the best idea.

I think I like "nt". I don't mind if it sounds like an operating system
or whatever. It is a good abbreviation for "newsticker". And
"newsticker" is not the worst name for a feed aggregator.

Ulf

--
Klicken Sie HIER und Sie erhalten vier Dosen umsonst