Re: 23.0.60; GNUS manual, `T' - bad nodes

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; GNUS manual, `T' - bad nodes
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:23:05 +0200

On Thu, Jun 12 2008, Juri Linkov wrote:

>> Open Info to the GNUS manual.
>> Use `T' to see the TOC.
>>
>> Try any of the FAQ links. You get an error message.
>> Plus, those links are not rendered (created) correctly.
>
> This doesn't work because Gnus uses invalid characters in node
> names.  See (info "(texinfo) Node Line Requirements") that says:
> "you cannot use periods, commas, colons or parentheses within
> a node name".  But there are periods in node names like "[1.1]".

I don't have time to deal with this now[1].  Could some assign this
(part of the) bug to Gnus in the bug tracker, please?  (It also
applies to Emacs 22.2 / Gnus 5.10.x.)

Bye, Reiner.

[1] We need to decide if we want to keep gnus-faq.xml or use
    gnus-faq.texi as the primary source and drop gnus-faq.xml.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)