Mail-Followup-To in bug reports

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Mail-Followup-To in bug reports
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:17:56 -0400

Please consider adding a Mail-Followup-To header in reports that come
from the bug tracker, as well as/instead of a Reply-To header.

In emacs mailing lists, the right thing to do has always been to hit
followup rather than reply. In bug-gnu-emacs, this is no longer right,
since one ends up with mail going to the submitter, the numbered bug
address, and the bug list. The last one is superfluous and results in
duplicate messages (perhaps these are being purged now, but even so).

I'm not going to be able to train my fingers to press a different key
according to which Emacs mailing list I'm in.

Thanks.