Re: Yanking isearch to highlight-regexp

From: David Koppelman
Subject: Re: Yanking isearch to highlight-regexp
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:50:58 -0500

I like the idea of combining regexp histories, but we might want to be
careful. I can see sharing patterns between hi-lock and occur because
they are used for locating things, but isearch patterns are used for
navigation and so might contain many regexps matching little pieces of
text that only occasionally would make good highlight targets.

I'd suggest having a shared history for occur and hi-lock with a few
recent isearch targets mixed in.