Re: longlines-show-hard-newlines - should not the default be t?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: longlines-show-hard-newlines - should not the default be t?
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 08:11:48 -0400

> I often get frustrated by the fact that hard newlines are not displayed in
> other applications. For example trying to cowrite something with someone
> unaware of this may be a lot of extra work.

Yes, it's a pain in the association list.

When using the display-wrapping code, we have some info in the fringes,
but to b honest, I'm not very satisfied with them either: they work
great when some lines are wrapped, but they're not so hot when most
lines are wrapped.

In that case, I'd much prefer that instead of adding the curly arrows in
the fringe on 90% of the lines, we add a paragraph-icon in the fringe of
the few lines that do not wrap.

        Stefan