Re: X fonts selection weirdness

From: Yoshiaki Kasahara
Subject: Re: X fonts selection weirdness
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:20:54 +0900 (JST)

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 13:21:45 +0900,
        Miles Bader <address@hidden> said:

> Have you tried playing with the xft/fontconfig settings?

Sort of...  I read a message in this ML how to enable bitmap fonts in
xft/fontconfig (70-yes-bitmaps.conf trick), but I don't find how to
change directory preferences like 'xset +fp/fp+'.  I don't want to
touch the default fonts in X11, so I override the same font names by
my customized font files and put the directory in front of the font
path.

Actually I just want to use (somewhat customized) 7x14.pcf and k14.pcf
(with bold/italic variants) for my Emacs, and not very interested in
other fonts such as IPAGothic etc....

Anyway, thank you for your suggestion.  I think I have to fight with
new font scheme anyway.

Regards,
--
Yoshiaki Kasahara
Research Institute for Information Technology, Kyushu University