Re: pgg-gpg.el - pgg-gpg-process-region timing problem

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: pgg-gpg.el - pgg-gpg-process-region timing problem
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:21:14 -0400

>>> is there a stable CVS tag for checkout of the currently released emacs
>>> version?  i see MAIN and EMACS_22_BASE, neither of which is very
>>> descriptive.  (MAIN is too generic to draw any conclusions, and
>>> EMACS_22_BASE sounds like something that is built upon, not a
>>> destination in itself.)
>>
>> Despite the name, EMACS_22_BASE is actually the _tip_ of the release
>> branch.

> so, do i want to use EMACS_22_2, instead?  i'm trying that...

Yes: the Emacs-22.2 tarball was cut from the content of the
EMACS_22_2 tag (at least, that's the intention).

        Stefan

PS: You can similarly check out EMACS_19_34, EMACS_20_4, ... tho those older
tags were applied retroactively and I don't think they give you a clean
tree from which you can built things right.  They may also include extra
files or omit necessary ones.