Re: visualization of CVS commits

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: visualization of CVS commits
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 09:20:38 -0400

    The ability to publish and view videos published for and viewable on
    any "A-list browser", using only binaries from accountable distributors
    and to be of sufficient quality to work on all popular platforms without
    crashing *too* often, said videos to be made available without incurring
    hosting fees for the publisher and to be available for embedding in other
    web pages.

I do not see a way to do this today without opposing and harming the
free software cause.  We must urge people to reject Flash as a
publication format -- we have no choice.

Flash videos are encoded in MPEG4, a patented format whose use we must
oppose in general, whether embedded in Flash or not.  We have no
choice.

Whatever may be the inconvenience of not using that format, we must
choose the inconvenience and reject the format.  It is that or
surrender.