Re: Faces applies to new frames

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Faces applies to new frames
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 16:29:31 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> I suppose we could change internal-merge-in-global-face to update the
>> frame parameters itself, instead of adding a separate line in faces.el
>> to do it.
>
> Yes, that would make a lot more sense, wouldn't it?

Only a little: internal-merge-in-global-face is only used in
face-set-after-frame-default, and it's more concise to update the frame
in Lisp in face-set-after-frame-defaultis than changing
internal-merge-in-global-face.  But OK.

> [ Tho, I'd have expected that updating the `font' frame-parameter was
>   done at a lower-level, in a single place. ]

Well, face vectors are Lisp-accessible data structures, and there's no
practical generic way to catch changes to these data structures.