Re: Global keymaps

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Global keymaps
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 23:24:16 +0200

Juri Linkov wrote:
Please review the following patch.  It creates a new keymap
It looks OK, tho I wonder why you introduce all those
foo-map-prefix thingies.  I know such things are already used elsehwere,
but they've never made much sense to me.

I took them from ctl-x-4-prefix, ctl-x-5-prefix and other similar maps
and don't know what they are good for.  So I could install the patch
without them.

I think names like ctl-x-4-prefix could make sense for a user trying to add new key bindings.