Re: configure.in fix

From: Emanuele Giaquinta
Subject: Re: configure.in fix
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 13:03:42 +0200

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 04:31:55PM -0400, Glenn Morris wrote:

> You have quite a few changes installed now, and should probably sign
> papers if you want to contribute more. Let me know if you are willing.

My contributions so far have been almost trivial, do they sum up to a
significant contribution?

> I know you have another configure.in patch that never (?) got applied.
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-02/msg01918.html
>
> Is it still needed?

It is needed to detect at configure time the availability of a recent
enough fontconfig version, as opposed to fail at build time. The
attached patch should be better.

> Also on this topic, can anyone tell me if HAVE_FREETYPE is required
> for the new font code, or can it work without it?

It can work without it, see line 523 in src/Makefile.in.