Re: adding consistent extra symbols to input methods (cyrillic-*, croati

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: adding consistent extra symbols to input methods (cyrillic-*, croatian-*, slov*, czech-* etc.) input methods
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:43:59 +0300

>>> rfc1345 isn't too bad.  It also uses mnemonics to a degree (though they
>>> are often kind of weird), and has pretty good coverage.
>>
>> I see rfc1345 is criticized and deprecated in favor of a new standard
>> REPERTOIREMAP from ISO/IEC FCD 14652.
>
> "Criticized and deprecated" where?  Is there a new rfc?

As I see, there is no new rfc.  And rfc1345 is criticized because it was
published without review, contains errors, and is inconsistent with the
Unicode data.  Without these drawbacks it would be a good input method.
There is a relevant thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.general/26127

--
Juri Linkov