Re: Emacs vista build failures

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs vista build failures
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 07:05:34 -0400

    I think you are missing my point.  Those people likely to be on our side
    are probably not best recruited by pontification and patronization.

Aside from your namecalling, you have missed my point.  If we talk
about using Windows as if to take for granted that it's ok, we
influence people by our silence.  We can even influence ourselves
that way.

Every so often it is necessary to recall this, so as to prevent that
negative influence.

Mentioning this issue can also be useful to educate people who use
Emacs for practical reasons only, and are not in the habit of thinking
about the issue of their own freedom as software users.