Re: Solaris 5.8 version hangs again (X resources for faces?)

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: Solaris 5.8 version hangs again (X resources for faces?)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:56:31 +0200

    Chong> Could you try to pinpoint where in make-face-x-resource-internal, and
    Chong> for what face, the hang occurs?

When I evaluate the function below in scratch buffer with
(face-set-after-frame-default-tst (selected-frame))
I get: Wrong type argument: font, unspecified

(defun face-set-after-frame-default-tst (frame &optional parameters)
  "Initialize the frame-local faces of FRAME.
Calculate the face definitions using the face specs, custom theme
settings, X resources, and `face-new-frame-defaults'.
Finally, apply any relevant face attributes found amongst the
frame parameters in PARAMETERS and `default-frame-alist'."
  (dolist (face (nreverse (face-list)))
    (condition-case ()
        (progn
          ;; Initialize faces from face spec and custom theme.
          (face-spec-recalc face frame)
          ;; X resouces for the default face are applied during
          ;; x-create-frame.
          (and (not (eq face 'default))
               (memq (window-system frame) '(x w32 mac))
               (make-face-x-resource-internal face frame))
          ;; Apply attributes specified by face-new-frame-defaults
          (internal-merge-in-global-face face frame))
      ;; Don't let invalid specs prevent frame creation.
      (error nil))))

Maybe this helps already. But I can try edebug tomorrow.
BTW the same happens, when I remove my Xresources file.

Thanks for your quick response.

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Alcatel-Lucent               |
|  Email:             address@hidden  |
---
The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life.