Re: NeXTStep port preferences

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: NeXTStep port preferences
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 12:21:52 -0400

On Jul 19, 2008, at 12:01 PM, David Reitter wrote:

On 19 Jul 2008, at 11:59, David Reitter wrote:

Anyway, the functioning of this facility is already broken by
recent checkins which override the system highlight color and
antialiasing selections.

Looked into this some more.
The settings in Preferences don't stick.
I suggest you take out the QD smoothing setting or at least unify it in one single popup menu. ns-use-qd-smoothing should default to nil in my view. That's default on that platform.

That was the case. Something happened, I don't know if due to the cleanup checkins or otherwise. Saving Preferences now causes crashes for many people, though apparently not including you. Somehow Quickdraw smoothing always gets enabled.