Re: Meanness

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Meanness
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 18:11:32 +0200

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 17:51, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am tired of having all sorts of silly insinuations ascribed to me in
> order to have people "win" their arguments.
>
> We are in disagreement over the relative merit of having Emacs run on
> Windows.  I don't see why this can only be considered tolerable when one
> can prove me to be a blabbering idiot.
>
> So feel free to disagree with me if you are so inclined, but please
> refrain from putting nonsense in my mouth.  If you can't justify your
> views before yourself and others without resorting to such measures,
> this should make you think.

Color me puzzled. I agree with what Eli said in response to Alfred M.
Szmidt. I particularly agree with this bit I quoted:

> We have a common goal here: improving Emacs.  Let's not put that goal
> in jeopardy by emphasizing minor (yes, minor!) differences between us
> on how soon and how completely should each private citizen switch to
> using Free Software and Free Software alone.

I fail to see how that means that I try to "prove [you] a blabbering
idiot", that I "[put] nonsense in [your] mouth" or that I adscribe to
you "silly insinuations".

Honestly, we've had differences before, but this time I don't know
what you're talking about.

   Juanma