Re: Meanness

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Meanness
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 18:52:30 +0200

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 18:30, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> So why are you agreeing that my extremist views in this dispute try to
> control "how soon and how completely should each private citizen switch
> ti using Free Software and Free Software alone"?

No.

> Then please identify the extremists that you think Eli is talking about,
> and explain in which postings they try to mandate taking control over
> private citizens' software use.

I'm not going to put words in Eli's mouth.

But yes, I would call extremist to anyone who thinks that Eli, or
Jason, or Lennart, or myself, are unethical for using non-free
software, for working on non-free software environments, or for
"wasting" our time trying to help people to use free software on those
non-free environments. That is a pretty extreme worldview. If you
agree with that viewpoint (I think so, but I'm not sure and I don't
have the time right now to reread the whole thread, so excuse me if
I'm misinterpreting you) you're an extremist IMO. That's not the same
that thinking you're an idiot, blabbering or otherwise. I do not think
so.

  Juanma