Re: Release plans

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 17:21:47 +0200

On Sat Jul 26 2008 Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> > Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 00:49:03 -0400
> >
> > > Just a reminder: we will begin the feature freeze for Emacs 23.1 at the
> > > end of this month.
> >
> > If anyone on this list has a patch that is still waiting for approval or
> > further comments, now would be a good time to ping.
>
> I've been working off-list with Roland Winkler on adding two
> primitives to Emacs that would allow proced.el to avoid using external
> programs such as `ps' to implement Process Editor mode.  The GNU/Linux
> part of the primitives is almost done; I need maybe one more weekend
> to finish it and install the changes.  The MS-Windows implementation
> will follow.
>
> I hope I will be allowed to install these changes on the trunk.

I must greatly apologize because I need to say that I have not yet
been able to finalize the part of proced.el that will be able to use
Eli's primitives. Right now I am traveling (once more) and I cannot
do any programming. I'll return on Aug 11 when I will finish my part
with very high priority (i.e., not later than the end of that week).
Will that be acceptable?

Roland