Re: MSDOS support

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: MSDOS support
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 07:41:56 -0700

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
  >
  > > Emacs running on MSDOS was probably a technical wonder (Eli and all
  > > other people that made it possible deserve kudos for this excellent
  > > work), and probably it was very important at the time.  But at this time
  > > supporting this platform does not seem useful anymore.
  > >
  > > Wouldn't it be a good idea to remove the MSDOS support?
  >
  > We've already decided to honor Eli's request to keep it.

Can you please point me to where this decision was made?
The only public decision was to allow me to remove MSDOS, and I didn't
do it because Eli requested it and there were 100 other old things to
remove at the time and give it a bit more time for users to show up.
So AFAICT the decision to remove it still stands.
9 months later no users have requested the platform to be fixed, nor was
it fixed.

  > Also, the time has passed for making such changes.

That's a different story, we'll talk in the next release cycle.