Re: a little feedback on Cocoa Emacs.app

From: Justin Bogner
Subject: Re: a little feedback on Cocoa Emacs.app
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 11:23:00 -0600

Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
Ken Raeburn <address@hidden> writes:

  > A variation I'd be more interested in, though, might be the ability to
  > run window-less.  Much like some Mac apps will let you close the last
  > window, but keep running, and let you open new windows (or quit)
  > through the menus that are displayed even without any open windows.  I
  > don't know if there's a good analog for this behavior for X11 and
  > Windows, though, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

This behavior has been on the wish list for X11 for a while...  It might
not even be that hard to implement, but nobody has volunteered to do it
so far.

With multi-tty, this behaviour could be fairly sane via the client-server model. That is to say, if the server were allowed to run without a window, you would have this behaviour.

Obviously this is a discussion for after the freeze though...