Re: Subversion revision number in mode-line

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: Subversion revision number in mode-line
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 05:27:53 -0700

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

> In Emacs 22.1, it seems that a buffer visiting a file under SVN
> controls displays the the revision number of the last changeset of
> which that file was a part. This is also what Subclipse does in
> Eclipse.
>
> In 23.0.60 (current CVS) it appears to display the revision number
> of the current tree. That means that, if the working copy is
> up-to-date, all files display the same number in the mode-line.
>
> The former behaviour seems more informative to me.

In Subversion lingo, Nick is saying that Emacs is now showing the
working revision whereas Subclipse and previous versions of Emacs
show the last committed revision.

I agree with Nick, it is preferred to show the last committed version.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD