Re: How to reply to bug reports

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How to reply to bug reports
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 13:26:04 -0400

> Can someone please tell me how to reply correctly to a bug report.

> If I do not cc bug-gnu-emacs, my reply won't appear there and chances to
> get feedback from other developers are low as I noticed a couple of
> times.  If I do cc bug-gnu-emacs I apparently file a new bug report as
> already happened twice this week.

AFAIK, the only place you should need reply is to
address@hidden and that should go to all the right
places (i.e. to bug-gnu-emacs, to the OP, and hopefully to most other
people who participated in this bug report).  If it doesn't I'd consider
it as a bug that Don might want to fix (or explain).
Don?

        Stefan